Sunday, April 27, 2008

I'd Like One of These for When Company Comes...


The company can stay in the house, and I'll sleep in the tent! This is definitely my kind of relaxed charm and comfort. I absolutely love camping, sleeping in a tent, feeling the fresh, cool air (that's why my bedroom window is always at least partially open, even when it's mid-winter). And I would definitely enjoy sleeping in one of these more luxurious tents, too. You can even put a wood stove in them in case you have an extra chilly morning (which we often do here, even in summer).


I was looking at a new issue of Sunset magazine today (the magazine of western living), and the cover photo is of one of these tents. I think they're so appealing. I first heard of the tents through http://www.maryjanesfarm.com/, but they're spreading all over the west now (and possibly in other places, too).

Don't you think it would be nice to wake in the morning, tie back the tent flaps, sit on the "front porch" with a cup of coffee in the early sunlight, enjoy the sights and sounds of nature, and write in your journal (if you do that kind of thing)? That sounds like a nice morning to me. But I do something similar here on summer mornings anyway. I take my coffee or tea, my journal, and some books out to the little table on the back deck and very much enjoy sitting there for a long time in the warming sun.

I don't think I'll really be getting one of these tents (at least any time soon), but it's fun to think about it.