Tuesday, May 20, 2008

List of 10 Happy Things...


1. Pretty, wild purple lupines along the roadside as I take my daily walk. (And lupines in a jar on the windowsill.)

2. Grown kids who call almost daily with all sorts of interesting things to say.

3. Fage yogurt. Laura A mentioned it here once, and I found it in a local store. The best Greek-style yogurt I've ever tasted!


4. My 15-year-old niece's interesting, newsy postcards mailed during her travels in Europe, arriving almost daily in our mailbox. Yesterday's was mailed from the Eiffel Tower.

5. A cool evening breeze after a hot day.


6. My grandson's size 2 shorts hanging on the clothesline after getting wet in the wading pool. (It's been a long time since I've hung toddler clothes up to dry!)

7. A growing abundance of lovely seasonal produce in the markets. "April is the cruelest month" in the garden.

8. Making progress in my house decluttering and reorganization goals. I did everything on my list yesterday, but haven't finished emptying the laundry room. I'll keep on.

9. Cod liver oil. (Heh.) It's a miracle potion! I'm serious.

10. Looking forward to having the whole family here this weekend.