Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Simple Pleasures...

Some of today's CSA produce.
Simple pleasures. God's lavish goodness.

"As I set a bowl of fresh raspberries in front of my guest, I remarked, 'I feel so rich with all of this wonderful fruit fresh from my garden.' My guest from Colombia gently reminded me, 'Anyone who has enough food is rich.'" ~Mary Beth Lind in Simply in Season

Every Tuesday evening, I pick up my CSA produce. My portion today: a
pretty bouquet of flowers, 3 lbs.heirloom tomatoes, green and yellow beans, everbearing strawberries, golden raspberries, 2 bags salad mix, beets, red carrots, kale, garlic, basil, shallots.

And, afterward, I picked up 1 gallon of raw cow's milk at the farm.

"Blessed art Thou,
O Lord our God,
king of the world,
who bringest forth bread from the earth."


~Ancient Jewish Blessing