Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Only Things Affixed to My Fridge...

Or, at least to the front of my fridge, are two magnets and one card I made with a quote on it. (Items above, and on top of, the refrigerator are included in the photo for color, and because I like them!)

The magnets are photos of Glenda the Good Witch (from the Wizard of Oz) and Albert Einstein. That's me and Mike. Or at least that's what I tell my grandsons. I point to the magnets and say, "That's Grandma Susy, and that's Grandpa Mike."

We're still working on getting the correct answer when I point to the magnets and ask, "Who's that?" Roman is pretty good about grinning and hollering out the answer, but Jayden just stares at the magnets and smiles.

The quote is one I loved enough to copy onto a card and attach to the fridge forever (it's already been there for years). Again and again, this quote has been a good reminder for me. (I'm 50 years old, and I don't want to be an amateur anymore!) It is from a book by Evelyn Underhill, and it says:

"On every level of life from housework to heights of prayer, in all judgment and efforts to get things done, hurry and impatience are sure marks of the amateur."

So, there you have it!