Thursday, January 29, 2009

A Few Comments and Answers to Questions...

Sandy, about making coffee in a French press, I posted about this very thing a few months ago. Here's that post for you:

High Desert Home: Making Coffee in a French Press...

Ellen, you know what? I don't really know how to tell you what a Fuji apple is except that it's my favorite apple. Large, always crispy and juicy, sweet (but not overly so). :-) Not much help, I know.

To my daughter, Michelle... I saw your comment below. I miss you guys, too. Terribly. And I can't wait to see you again. Love you. <3

To "
Prairie Prologue"... I don't know if you'll see this, I saw your comment to an older post of mine below, and I followed your link to the story of your own coffee journey. Loved it!

To those who have introduced themselves and I haven't gotten back to your comments (like Melissa and I think some others), I'm sorry. I really do appreciate you taking the time to introduce yourself and to let me know that you're reading here. And it's very nice to meet you.

And to Hannah (daughter of my good friend, Laurie)... I don't know if you'll see this, either, but I caught your comment below, and I wanted to say hello back to you. Hello! It was really nice to see you here, and I'm glad you came by! I think about you and your family often. And, thanks to your mom, I see pictures (you're a great looking bunch!) and have kept up on what you've been doing. :-)

Now to answer some questions about Ruth Bell Graham books. Someone asked about the origin of the passage I quoted, not in my recent post, but a long while back (about the duty of mothers). That one came from Prodigals and Those Who Love Them.

The recent excerpt I quoted in my post titled "Laughing, We Endure" came from a little book by Ruth and her daughter, Gigi, called Coffee and Conversation with Ruth Bell Graham and Gigi Graham Tchividjian.

And someone asked for Ruth Graham book recommendations. Where to start? I don't really know the answer to that. The books I've read in the past are books my mother has sent to me. I'm not particularly knowledgable about Ruth's writings, but I do enjoy her, and I benefit from her writings very much.

There's a fun collection of Ruth's writings about a variety of things called Legacy of a Packrat. A similar book by Ruth is titled It's My Turn (I've been reading bits from this one again lately). Years and years ago, I read a biography of Ruth's life called A Time for Remembering. And a fairly recent, lovely and worthy little book by Ruth Graham (the daughter of Ruth and Billy) about her mother is called A Legacy of Love: Things I Learned From My Mother.

Hopefully, that's at least somewhat helpful.