Monday, February 2, 2009

A Jumping Duet...

This is my sister, JoAnne, and me. Everyone was running and jumping down the dunes, but since I have a slight hip injury, I was afraid that I might injure it worse if I were to join them in the jumping. I'm the kind of person, though, that likes to be right in the middle of the action, so I tried doing some small bunny hopes down a hill. It didn't hurt, so I took bigger and bigger hops. Then my sister and I decided to do a jumping duet, and we were trying to jump in sync.

I think we spent more time goofing around at the top of the hill than we did actually jumping down it, but it was fun. We thought my niece was down below in the sand getting the camera ready to take one shot of us jumping down the dunes, so were being silly while we waited. What we didn't know was that she was taking a really quick series of about 30 photos of us... Here are a few of them:

We're jumping from here.

Isadora Duncan waves her scarf in my face.

Ta Da!

Here we go.

Perfect tandem landing!

And we're still in sync.

Wheeeeee...