Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Birthday Cupcakes...

These are not my cupcakes, but they look sweet.

It was my birthday yesterday, and Melissa baked me my favorite cupcakes:
Cinnamon-Scented Devil's Food Cupcakes with almond frosting. It was a lovely, quiet day, full of family time, good wishes, birthday greetings, phone calls, emails, and plenty of thoughtfulness.

I'll be in and out of town often for the next two weeks, but I'll pop in here when I can (maybe often, maybe not).

In the meantime, I hope your weather is turning spring-like and flowers are blooming around you and your windows are open to let in fresh air. Maybe you're even doing some spring cleaning, hanging your sheets on the line, working in the garden, and sitting outside for your morning coffee. Whatever the case, spring is just around the corner, and I, for one, look forward to it!

Lissy, in my sister's kitchen yesterday.